The health benefits site provides in-depth information about health benefit plans, enrollment & claim forms, health rates, chapter 78 (how to calculate your health plan cost), FSA (flexible spending account), and more.
You can access the health benefits site by visiting https://www.hrconnection.com
Password: Westfield1 (case sensitive)
If you are eligible to enroll for health benefits you will need to choose the type of coverage. The Coverage Types available are:
Civil Union: A union that is either established pursuant to New Jersey law or recognized by the State of New Jersey as a Civil Union.
Civil Union Partner: A person who has established and is in a Civil Union.
Dependent: A Spouse, Civil Union Partner, or Child Dependent whom the Employee enrolls for coverage under this Plan.
Your dependent children are entitled to stay on your health insurance plan.
Please note the following age limitations:
Westfield Public School's Health Benefit Open Enrollment for all employees takes place July 1st and January 1st, for the 2021-2022 school year. Open Enrollment is the opportunity for employees to enroll and/or make changes to their health benefits program.
Qualified Life Event
Employees will be able to make changes to their plans at any time during the year if they have a qualified life event. The qualified life event provision allows employees to make changes outside of the open enrollment period for life changes, such as divorce, new baby, marriage, loss of other coverage, etc.
Medical & Dental coverage is administered through Horizon BCBSNJ
Insurance cards are mailed to your home directly from Horizon with the employee’s name only on them. You will receive them in 10-14 days.
Note: Should you need to use the insurance before you receive the card you can go to: www.horizonblue.com. You will need to register on the website then you will be able to print out a temporary card
To obtain a listing of participating doctors or dentists, log on to Horizon’s website at: www.horizonblue.com
Medical – Horizon (Group # 86691) www.horizonblue.com Contact number 1-800-355-2583.
- You can do a doctor search, to see if your current doctor is in the plan.
- Many plans require you to stay in-network—please contact Horizon directly to verify your out-of-pocket costs prior to your visit.
- Medical cards are mailed directly to you from HORIZON with the employee’s name only on them. If you need additional cards, or to verify coverage please call the 800 number on the back of your card.
Dental – Horizon (Group #86955) Contact number 1-800-433-6825 www.horizonblue.com
- You can do a dentist search, to see if your current dentist is in the plan.
- A separate Dental card will come from HORIZON with the employee’s name only on them. If you need additional cards, or to verify coverage please call the 800 number on the back of your card.
- You may choose any dentist you wish; however, choosing a participating dentist will reduce your out-of-pocket expense.
Prescription coverage is administered through Capital RX (Group # CAPLRX21)
Insurance cards will be mailed directly to your home with the employee and their dependent’s names on them. You will receive them in 10-14 days.
Note: Should you need to use the insurance before you receive the card please contact Customer Service Support