The following are suggested timeframes for you to follow to make your retirement process a smooth transition:
- Written notification to the Superintendent and your principal/supervisor of your intentions. Approximately 4-6 months in advance for a smooth process. *NOTHING GETS PROCESSED BY THE BOARD UNTIL YOU DO THIS OFFICALLY *
- FILE your retirement application online through the MBOS system.
- Verify your date of birth and any beneficiaries you selected for your pension with the State. Upload one of the following with your membership # clearly written on MBOS
- Birth certificates (with visible seal).
- Digital valid NJ driver’s license
- Passport or passport card
Payroll will automatically complete your final salary certification needed by the State online.
- Within a week, you will receive an email from the payroll office acknowledging your retirement request and additional information.
- Copies of the following documents will be required by the State if you are enrolling dependents in the SEHBP.
- Proof of Age for yourself and your beneficiary’s
- Marriage certificate if applicable
- The top page of your 1040 tax return
- Medicare A & B cards for yourself and your spouse if applicable.
- You might receive additional information from Optumrx that will require your immediate attention.
IMPORTANT CONTACTS AFTER RETIREMENT
Division of Pensions
PO Box 295
Trenton, NJ 08625-0295
Horizon NJ EHP UNDER 65
Aetna Medicare Advantage over 65
1-866-234-3129 or 1-866-816-3662
Aetna’s Website: http://www.aetnastatenj.com/
State of NJ health https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/pensions/hb-info-retired.shtml
1-866-220-6512 Under 65 https://www.optumrx.com/oe_sonjnmretirelg/landing
1-844-368-8765 Over 65 https://www.optumrx.com/oe_sonjnmretirele/landing
Dental Expense Plan (PPO Administered by Aetna)
Other Participating Plan contact information can be found on Fact Sheet #73
Social Security Admin
Office of Public Inquiries
Windsor Park Building
6401 Security Blvd
Baltimore, MD 21235