WESTFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS
302 Elm Street
Margaret Dolan, Ed.D.
The benefit of the Honeywell Instant Alert for Schools is that you can enter your account and edit it to include other forms of notification, such as your e-mail address, cell phone, text messaging, pager, or PDA. You can also add other contacts, such as a relative, a babysitter, etc. I encourage you to take this opportunity to expand the ways in which we can reach you in an emergency. You can accomplish this by following this set of instructions.
2. Click on ‘Parent’ in the New User box.
3. Complete the student information form. Click ‘Submit.’
4. Complete the corresponding screen. Click ‘Submit.’
5. After receiving the Confirmation message, click ‘Proceed’ to get started with Instant Alert.
6. Note: Remember your Login Name and Password so you may use it to update your profile. Your password is case sensitive.
View and check details about yourself and your family members (click icons on top of screens)
1. Upon successful login, click on ‘My Family.’
2. Click on a parent name (the father’s name is usually the default) to view and edit parent details.
3. Click on a student name to view details about your children enrolled in this school.
Configure alert settings for yourself
1. Click on ‘Alert Setup.’
2. Click on the check boxes to select which alert type you would like to have sent to which device. Click on ‘Save’ when complete.
3. If you would like to add another contact device, select the device type and enter the device details. Select the person to whom the device belongs and click on ‘Add.’
4. For e-mail, text messaging and pagers you may send yourself a test message. Click on ‘Send Test Message’ to send yourself a message.
Identify key contacts for your children
1. Click on ‘Other Contacts.’
2. Click on ‘Add New Contact’ and complete the form.
3. If you would like this person to receive Alerts from the school, return to the ‘Alert Setup’ page to configure this person’s alert settings.
4. Do NOT click on the ‘Pick Up Rights’ check box. For emergencies, your school will refer to the green emergency form that you submitted at the beginning of the school year. If there are any changes to the information on this form, immediately contact your school principal in writing. The Westfield School District will not recognize any information on this Web site for Pick Up and/or Custody Rights.
5. Click on ‘Save’ when all other functions are completed.
View History of Alerts
Click on ‘Alert History’ to view Alerts that have been sent to you. Use the calendar icons and ‘Alert Type’ list to filter the Alerts.
If you have any questions regarding the above instructions, your primary contact for assistance is: InstantAlertHelp@Honeywell.com
In some cases, Honeywell may determine that you need to address your problem to the school district. In those instances, you may contact: email@example.com and your issue will be addressed Mon-Fri, 8:30 AM - 4 PM, when school is in session.
Be sure to set your e-mail spam filter to receive e-mail from Honeywell.com.
Honeywell Instant Alert ® for Schools will not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease any personal information of our members, the children for whom they have responsibility, or others listed as contacts in the system. We will use the utmost care in protecting the privacy and security of your information.
Westfield Public Schools
December 8, 2013